Happy December from us to you! We have another round of product updates, optimizations, and enhancements that just went live on the site. Many of the changes were created to give your property more visibility, reduce the number of clicks it takes to do actions, and other optimizations based on your feedback.
We’ve outlined all of the changes with screenshots on our knowledge base, which you can access here. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to respond to this email or contact email@example.com.
Cheers to more reservations and happier guests,
Product Updates December 2017
Major Improvements for Accommodation Types & Dorms
Users now have the option to group specific dorm beds into a separate room type. This makes it easier to keep guests traveling in a group together in the same room. For example, beds 1, 2, and 3 can be designated to Room 101, while beds 4, 5, 6, are designated to Room 202.
Fewer Click to Take Cash Payments
We created a new process to take cash payments. Now it only takes 2-3 clicks to complete the task. Watch it happen below.
Booking Engine Enhancements
We updated the UI on the booking engine which requires users to refresh availability status on rooms when they change the dates. This will make sure guests don’t book the wrong dates on accident.
- User permissions: We’ve updated user permissions for payments and payment gateways so that you will only see “Record Existing Credit Card Payments” if you have a payment gateway
- Transaction dates: Users can now update transactions dates if they were not made through the payment gateway
- Confirmation page redirects: After a guest confirms payment on the Cloudbeds URL, the property can now choose the redirect page destination (not including Facebook).
- Credit card tab: We’ve added new columns for total refunded and total processed, added new options to remove cards, edit cards, prevent duplicate cards, and more
- Payment processing report: We’ve added a new column for “amount”, “refund” is now a payment type filter, new export options are available, and included new error alerts with warning icons
- Accommodation Types & Dorms: Users can now customize all individual accommodation names
- Exporting reservations: We’ve added a new “balance due” field when exporting reservations
- Courtesy hold: users can create courtesy holds that can be set for hours or days
- Credit card type: You can now use 50 characters for the credit card type field
- Editing a reservation: Reservations that have multiple accommodations are now easily sorted by columns like “room type” and “guest name”.