As we move into 2022, we predict another year of wanderlust and strong pent-up demand, or “revenge travel,” particularly when it comes to leisure travel. But the pandemic continues to strongly influence guest expectations and booking habits, and it will likely reshape travel for years to come. In our report, we cover the major trends that will define travel this year, and what they mean for the lodging industry – and your property.
A highlight of the travel trends covered in this report include:
- Higher guest expectations than ever before
- Splurge travel and the rise of premiumization
- Outdoors and away from the crowds
- Digital adoption and the frictionless guest experience
- Changing booking habits create unpredictable demand
- A dynamic demand environment
- Travelers prefer booking direct
- Travelers are booking longer stays
- Macro trends changing the shape of travel
- A tale of two travel sentiments
- The “Great Resignation” hits hospitality
- Sustainability: the ideal vs. reality
Download the free eBook now, and subscribe to the Cloudbeds blog to get the latest hospitality content for independent hoteliers and hosts like you.