Overbookings can be a stressful situation for the front office and guests. A plan that effectively “walks” guests is crucial. Walking guests means you arrange accommodations for them elsewhere if your property is overbooked.
Your property should have a walk letter template ready in case of overbookings to apologize to guests for the inconvenience and inform them of their new accommodation. Your “walk” letter should include:
- A sincere apology for the inconvenience
- Information on the new accommodation provider
- A special offer to thank the guest for their patience and understanding – for example:
- A complimentary night’s stay during their next trip
- A gift card to your on-site restaurant or spa
- Complimentary breakfast vouchers
- Contact information for the General Manager
Create your property’s perfect Hotel Walk Letter using this template.